Monday, September 27, 2010

Employee Spot light

The other day I got an email wanting me to fill out this form for the company newsletter or something. First pass through I was annoyed by the distraction, I had real work to do, then then I warmed up to it and had a little fun. This is what I submitted...

Employee Spotlight: 100 word description, Quote about working for the company, 5-7 personality questions

R. Clint Wedel, GISP, Geospatial Project Manager, is trained in all aspects of geospatial extraction. He spent 12 years with the Wilson & Company, and after a two year leave working in the GIS field, he returned to oversee geospatial extraction and GIS efforts at Wilson & Company’s Lawrence, Kansas office.

He became an [Geospatial Project(s) Manager] to... more effectively convey my professional knowledge, skills and attitude to others (and work in Lawrence... oh well)

He is currently working towards (professional goal) or would like to grow in to a roll of... Utility infielder, relief pitcher, pinch hitter, slot receiver, deep threat, return man, 12th man, 6th man... use my many skills to do whatever it take to get the job done as efficiently as possible.

He holds a bachelor’s degree in environmental science and geography from the University of Kansas.

Outside the office, He spends time… works on my 120 year old house, brews beer and roots for the Jayhawks.

What is your favorite part about working at Wilson & Company? (i.e. the office environment, the projects, the people, etc. This will be represented as a quote on the website)I enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, the varied jobs/tasks, and the respect of my co-workers.

(Choose 5-7 to briefly answer)

· Where did you grow up? Conceived in the Philippines, born in Chicago, lived in Upton WY from 1-5, moved to Lawrence where I have lived since, except for my junior year in Seoul, South Korea and that crazy mistake in WYCO… not sure if I have grown up, just grown old.

· · Favorite book? Authors, F. Paul Wilson, John Sandford, Harlan Coben, and Carl Hiaasen. Guilty pleasure, Clive Cussler.

· · Favorite sports team? Jayhawks, of course.

· Last meal would be? 69 course meal serving all my “favorites” shared with all my friends that takes 6 days, and on the 7th day…

· If you weren’t an [Mapper/GISer], you would be a… engineer, first major was Aero, but discovered for the first time in my academics that I had to work, which took me a couple years to figure out… still sometime wish I had become one.

· Goal you’re working towards right now? Retire before I die. J Financial independence. Open a brewery.

· Favorite restaurant? I’m not good with “favorites” as that is kind of an absolute and my tastes change almost as fast as I change my underwear (ExOfficio boxer briefs, are my favorite, the best underwear ever!!). Favorite kind of food is Mexican, and the last Mexican meal(s) that really impressed me where the Diablo Fish Tacos at Tortas Jalisco and the 3 combo tacos at Esquina.

· Favorite quote? My current favs… SOWISA “Strap On Whenever It Seems Appropriate” (S.King), “I brew the beer I drink” and "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." –Benjamin Franklin

· Favorite project you worked on? ---BLANK---

· Music you’re currently listening to? The love ballads of Meatloaf made me cry so I have given up on music to concentrate on Audiobooks. Recently enjoyed “The Sex Lives of Cannibals: Adrift in the Equatorial Pacific” and the 2 sequels, “Getting Stoned with Savages: A Trip Through the Islands of Fiji and Vanuatu” and Lost on Planet China: The Strange and True Story of One Man's Attempt to Understand the World's Most Mystifying Nation, or How He Became Comfortable Eating Live Squid I am currently working my way through the Mitch Rapp series by Vince Flynn.

· Favorite website? LOL, a bit open ended… of those I enjoy beyond email, weather, and shopping sites, Http://www.ecogeek.org/, http://www.wortomatic.com/, http://lawrencebrewers.org tho more because I have to than because I want to, I have responsibilities…and my HOME page…http://www.700ohio.com/

·

they also wanted a picture, so I dug though the archives and found a couple and sent them in... here are a couple they wont be using.



I suppose they will just use my ID card photo. :(



1 comment: