Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Taco, Taco, Taco

OK, I have been thinking about tacos all week! By tacos I don't just mean crispy hard corn shells filled with meat, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and sauce. I use it kind of as a generic term for Mexican-ish food. I like it!!
So I am on day 5 of my taco run. my wife has left town so I have dedicated this week to tacos. Tequila Jalisco's on Friday, where I had the house fajitas, a huge plater of grilled beef, chicken, shrimp, pork ribs and chorizo! (and all the other fun stuff, too) Also had a mediocre margarita to wash it all down with, its only saving grace being its size, served in what was possibly 32 oz beer mug. I wished for some good salt on the rim, though.
Saturday, I swung through Burrito King for 2 beef and 2 chicken hard tacos. Good tacos with the grease dripping though the foil, but not particularly tasty. I needed more sauce, I guess. I was still hungry after wolfing those down, so I visited the Taco Bell drive-thru for a Fresco Bean burrito and a Volcano taco, garnished with Fire sauce. I have a thing for that bean burrito, full of fiber and cheap, and it likes the Fire sauce, as do I. the taco was more flavorful than the BK ones, but still needed the Fire to kick it up a notch.
Sunday was brew-day, which was finished by margaritas on the patio. Really good Margaritas. (yes, they deserve to be capitalized!) As it started to get dark, the gas was lit and skirt steak and veggies were grilled up for the house special fajitas. Mmmm... I have to say i like fajitas with beans, meat, veggies, sour cream, cheese, and the perfect salsa. For me that was a good fresh Verde Salsa. The right combination of tangy and spicy, pulls it all together perfectly!
And Monday. Exhausted from all the errands and chores I wasn't able to share, I didnt get around to dinner until 8:30, about 2 hours later than normal. I considered running down to Taco Johns for a 6-pack and a pound, but I felt way too sweaty and dirty for even that place. But tacos it was! Farm fresh burger with a considerable dose of Spanish Garden seasoning (double the norm) AND the Valentina Salsa Picante Muy Picante (hot) taco sauce I have just for me. La Tiera taco shells, small, thin, crisp and good, lightly toasted, filled with my taco meat, cheese, a dab of sour cream and a diced tomato from the garden, and just a touch more of my muy picante... perfect!! The meat was spicy enough that I didn't need more sauce than it could hold... I barely needed a napkin. That was a happy belly!
Today I think I am going to make Green-Chili-Black-Bean-Chicken Enchilada casserole. No, I am not going to roll anything up that just gets lost in the sauce and cheese. I will post about its outcome later.
Have a spicy day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh but I do love a taco. (In all its forms.) Now I want one too. Could eat them for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete