Tuesday, July 27, 2010

V-Smile

So I popped into one of my favorite retail establishments this morning as I drove from my old office to my slave camp. It has been a long time. It has been remodeled and I had to get assistance. Of course dressed for work in slacks and a polo (and flip flops) the staff was very helpful and willing to point me in the right direction. I took indirect route, absorbing all the colors and tactile sensations along the way. This might be the happiest place in OP! Soft and silky, smooth and cottony, slick and velvety, what a sensory overload! Intricate curves, patterns and designs inspire the imagination. It has long been thought I should get a job here, I could spend hours folding and sorting, directing and recommending. People would come from far and wide to tap into my expertise. I am a little out of practice, but I think I could get back in the groove pretty quickly, returning to the legendary form of yesteryear. I would walk around the store with a tape measure draped around my shoulders, in position to sort things out. I wonder if management would want me to wear mittens... :( ... I would say "No, you cant do that. Would you put a jacket on the Venus de Milo? Does David need pants? No, you cant cover my artistry."
-*pop*-
Back to reality as the clerk asks if I found what I was looking for. I did, and so much more as I walked out of Victoria's Secret smiling even more on the inside than outside. This is my disney land!

2 comments: